Join the Georgia Conservancy on September 1 for a morning hike at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. The guided hike will focus on both the historic aspects of the park and park wildlife, especially birds.
Our hike will be located on the trail system in the southern section of the National Park, near and around the Illinois State Monument.
- When: Friday, September 1 / 9:30 AM - Noon
- Where: Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park / Illinois State Monument and Cheatham Hill Trail
- Cost: Free with a suggested donation of $15 per person
- Tour Details: Enjoy a guided walk and learn about the Civil War history and natural history of this incredible Metro Atlanta National Park and ecosystem
- What to bring: Please bring plenty of water, appropriate walking shoes and attire that can get dirty, sunscreen, sense of adventure and many questions.
- Parking: Limited parking. We will offer more details as the event date nears.
- Weather: RAIN or SHINE. We will provide updates as the event date nears.